Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Where to view product price in GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, this is likely to be a very obvious solution but I can't see where to view the product price in GA EEC or from the docs. The dataLayer is being pushed up correctly in the prescribed format below. There's no secondary dimension available for Price when looking at Product Performance - does anything have to be configured manually for this to be visible?

Many thanks

dataLayer.push({
  'ecommerce': {
    'currencyCode': 'EUR',                       // Local currency is optional.
    'impressions': [
     {
       'name': 'Triblend Android T-Shirt',       // Name or ID is required.
       'id': '12345',
       'price': '15.25',
       'brand': 'Google',
       'category': 'Apparel',
       'variant': 'Gray',
       'list': 'Search Results',
       'position': 1
     },
     {
       'name': 'Donut Friday Scented T-Shirt',
       'id': '67890',
       'price': '33.75',
       'brand': 'Google',
       'category': 'Apparel',
       'variant': 'Black',
       'list': 'Search Results',
       'position': 2
     }]
  }
});

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author bsod99
October 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

What might be useful is looking at the metric "Avg. Price" in the Ecommerce > Product Performance standard report. This takes Product Revenue / Quantity. If you wanted to view it as something static, you could set a custom dimension for price so it wouldn't 'count up' like a metric.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Samantha! So if I want to see what price is being pushed with an impression, for example, i'd push it as a custom dimension in the dataLayer. Do I also have to define the custom dimension in GTM for it be viewable in GA? So far I've set the custom dimension, which has index 5, and it's being pushed to GA as e.g dimension5: '17.99' - but this is empty in GA when I apply it. 

Re: Where to view product price in GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Actually, i've got this working now by triggering a custom event and setting the custom dimension in GTM. Thanks!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've wondered this as well.  EEC exists so you can learn the shopping behaviors of your visitors and yet even though sending currencyCode and price on product impressions/actions are allowed...you do not have the ability to naturally pull that out of the EEC reporting.  This seems like an oversight because knowing what price point was active when the user decided to add the product to the cart is important to conversion rate optimization.  

The concept of list names and list positions exist so that you can see which areas of the site are driving those micro conversions...would be nice if we could pull out the info that I assume GA is putting to good use.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Samantha, your reply doesn't answer the question he is asking for. He is asking for product price impressions not average price of the sold products.