Analytics
3K members online now
3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Where can I find the statistics for UTM tracking for the past month?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have used UTM parameters in order to track the traffic from social networks. But it is possible to track only real-time traffic (you can see it only for the last 30 minutes). Where I can find the statistics of clicks on the link with UTM parameters for the past month?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Where can I find the statistics for UTM tracking for the past month?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
In the Reports area, in the left column under Acquisitions > Campaigns
You should find the information you are looking for

Thanks
Bronwyn :-)
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new to the UTM thingy. So I made all my UTM links. What do i do now? do i need to enter them into google analytics to track?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Acquisition>Campaigns>all campaigns   

or 

Acquisition>All Traffic> Source Medium  

Are the two that I use most.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How did you create them? They will be sent to GA with every incoming link, google analytics will show whatever they are.  It's important to make sure you have consistency in your UTMs with a solid structure that you can read easily.    for instance if I created a link from facebook that was organic I might create http://www.mysite.com?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=may-party-promo

If I go into GA and drill down to campaigns I will see this one come up as may-party-promo  or I can look at source medium and this will show up as facebook / post    

Or maybe I want to only view everything from facebook  I can just look at source and it will show all links incoming from facebook even if I didn't create them as long as they have a UTM tracking on them with facebook as the source.

A big one I use a lot is to just search for medium = email   that shows me all traffic I got from all emails regardless of what campaign it was or which list I was sending to. 

Re: Where can I find the statistics for UTM tracking for the past month?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Casey

I created them in https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/campaign-url-builder/
Thanks for the insight.

thanks, Lee