Analytics
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

What product views leads to purchase?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All

So, I've implemented Enhanced Ecommerce on my website some time ago, and now I'm trying to figure out which impressions / click on product leads to purchase of the same product. The thing is, that I can only see the amount of people either buying, clicking or viewing, and not attribute a view or click to a purchase of that specific product.
I have a lot of customers who's bying products directly from the product page, which is the segment a would very much like to exclude, as i would like to know the effect of my product list.
I know that this could be solved with a different implementation, but i'm wondering if you guys have another solution? I've tried different advanced segments, but even with sequences I'm not able to make the attribution product specific, as I have way too many products to segment my customers by product brought.

Please let me know if you have any solutions or ideas to fixing my problem.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Have you looked at your Buy-to-Detail ratio in your product performance report?

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, unfortunately this doesn't tell me much as the avg for view is 210%. With half being very high, and the other half being 0.
This doesn't change much even if I use an appropriate segment. 
I believe the issue here is the high amount of products I sell without a prior view or click in my product list.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

normally i'd say there is either an issue with implementation (as you pointed out) or that products are being bought as companion products outside of the normal add to cart cycle but that's highly unlikely

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know that it is possible to buy products outside the normal cycle. It is not possible to change this, because of the nature of the industry i'm in, as a lot of my customers are landing directly on the product page, and are not browsing through the product lists beforehand.

Which is why I'm trying to find a solution to report on only the customers who has viewed or clicked on the product they have later brought. I understand this is a difficult issue, and that I may or may not have to realize that it might not be possible.