AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

What might interfere with Google Analytics pageview tracking?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm using Google Analytics to send and track a registration goal, based on a custom pageview.

Basically, every time a user registers and gets redirected to dashboard, I trigger a custom pageview using JS:

ga('send', 'pageview', {page: '/gapv/registration/success'});

The tracking works. However, when I compare the GA tracking with the number of registrations from the database of my website, the GA goal completion always shows around 10% fewer registrations.

I checked the tracking on various desktop browsers, all seems to be fine. Additionally, I hear that content blocking on mobile browsers gets more and more popular.

Is it possible that browser content blocker plugins might block my custom pageview from being fired? I send the pageview on DOM ready.

What else might explain the difference between my DB results and the GA goal count?

Any ideas are very welcome.

Re: What might interfere with Google Analytics pageview tracking?

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Users can opt out of tracking from desktop browsers too. That might be one of the reason.

Also,

You can easily debug on the website with GA debugger for implementation issues:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jnkmfdileelhofjcijamephohjechhna

You can check in chrome, console tab with 'Preserve log' turned ON.

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.