AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

What is the "Conversion" number shown on the Acquistion -> All Traffic -> Channel report?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm sorry if this is a basic question but I can't seem to figure it out or find any answer anywhere. I'm wondering what the "conversion' number represents on the Acquistion -> All Traffic -> Channel report. So, I have a page, we'll call it www.example.com/page1. On this page I have a registration form that takes the user to a thank-you page if the user fills out the form. The thank-you page is set as my goal. Let's say I want to look at all of the channels that led to a conversion on www.example.com/page1. If I go to the Acquisition -> All Traffic -> Channel report and set "page" as my secondary dimension and then use an advanced search to filter for only "/page1", what are the "conversions" shown? Since my conversion happens on my thank-you page, not "/page1", why am I seeing conversions happening for "/page1"? I'm assuming I'm seeing "/Page1" with conversions because it was the page immediately before the conversion happened, but I'm not 100% positive that is the reason. Could someone please confirm? 

Thank you!

Re: What is the "Conversion" number shown on the Acquistion -> All Traffic -> Channe

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is there anyone that can help me with this? Can I be more specific?