Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

What is the "Conversion" number shown on the Acquistion -> All Traffic -> Channel report?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm sorry if this is a basic question but I can't seem to figure it out or find any answer anywhere. I'm wondering what the "conversion' number represents on the Acquistion -> All Traffic -> Channel report. So, I have a page, we'll call it www.example.com/page1. On this page I have a registration form that takes the user to a thank-you page if the user fills out the form. The thank-you page is set as my goal. Let's say I want to look at all of the channels that led to a conversion on www.example.com/page1. If I go to the Acquisition -> All Traffic -> Channel report and set "page" as my secondary dimension and then use an advanced search to filter for only "/page1", what are the "conversions" shown? Since my conversion happens on my thank-you page, not "/page1", why am I seeing conversions happening for "/page1"? I'm assuming I'm seeing "/Page1" with conversions because it was the page immediately before the conversion happened, but I'm not 100% positive that is the reason. Could someone please confirm? 

Thank you!

Re: What is the "Conversion" number shown on the Acquistion -> All Traffic -> Channe

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is there anyone that can help me with this? Can I be more specific?