Analytics
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

What I put in destination box?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Visitors enter at site.com/ecourse.html and thankyou page is site.com

What do I put in 'destination' url if the goal url is my website homepage?

I selected - Equals to - and No funnel.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Unless you have filters in place that rewrite the urls, how is the homepage of the website reported in the pageview report

Does it get reported as just a slash / or a page name such as index.html (or similar) or does GA report the home page in a variety of different ways?

eta.are you able to setup a different page apart from the home page as the thank you page, or are you able to append parameters to the url if they land there from  site.com/ecourse.html? as it means any time someone touches the website homepage once during the same session it will be recorded as a goal conversion otherwise

If you setup a funnel and set the first step as being required site.com/ecourse.html
then at least in the goal funnel, only visitors that have come via the required page will show as a funnel conversion

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

ok I created thank-you.html a copy of my homepage now it's easy to make a goal.

Thank You