Analytics
6.7K members online now
6.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Weird pageview alert on checkout page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm implementing the Enhanced Ecommerce checkout process on the company site. Everything is worked quite well but I just noticed Tag assistant gives me the following alert on the checkout page:

"This page has two interaction hits within a short time window. The page might have two hits that always fire on page load, which can cause an artificially low bounce rate"

On that page I have a Pageview tag (the one applied on every page as standard implementation) and I have a tag having  Track Type: Event - Category: Ecommerce - Action:Checkout  to track the checkout action (with a Custom Event as trigger with Event equal checkout).

Thus, I've tried to remove the Pageview tag but instead an alert I get en error saying that the Checkout tag needs to be fired after a Pageview tag which was missing.

Considering that neither my Ecommerce tag is a pageview nor its trigger I have nothing related to the pageview to create a conflict with the pageview tag.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Weird pageview alert on checkout page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Stefano,

Can you post your tracking snippets how they appear in your source code?

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold,
Here you go:

<script>
tjq = jQuery;

tjq(document).ready(function(){

// Google DataLayer Values
dataLayer.push({
'event': 'checkout',
'ecommerce': {
'checkout': {
'actionField': {
'step': 1
},
'products': [{
'id': '512', // Volunteer Job ID number
'name': 'Booking Request', // Volunteer Job Name
'price': '1', // Total Volunteer Contribution
'brand': '50', // Opportunity Manager ID number
'category': '511', // Opportunity ID number
'quantity': 1, // Total Amount of Volunteers
'dimension2': 'Northern Europe', // Opportunity World Region
'dimension3': 'Norway', // Opportunity Country
'metric1': 1, // Total Nights Stay Per Volunteer
'dimension9': '95', // Volunteer ID number
'dimension11': '-1', // Booking Status
}]
}
}
});

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Stefano,

The problem is that you're firing the data layer twice. Once when the page loads your Universal Analytics tracking tag that tracks the page views collects the checkout step details, it sends the event and your event tracking tag picks up the data again. So basically you're collecting the same details twice using two separate tracking tags. If you want to track the checkout step when the page loads you don't need the event part at all. You can remove "'event': 'checkout'," from the data layer and you don't need the event tracking tag for the checkout either. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold,
Thank you very much for replying. I actually want to track the checkout only when, on the checkout form page, users click on the confirmation button, the form is validated and to transaction go through.