AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Weird and complicated goals issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sooo...

I have a customer with a multiple step donation page. The user first enter hes/her details, presses "continue", then on the second step fills the donation details presses "continue", the fills credit card details then continue and he is moved to a thank you landing page.

The aim is to create a funnel in order to see how many users abandoned to processes in each step.
Because there is an iframe on the credit card step I've set up goals for each step individually (using tag manager to set up triggers and tags).

The problem - the goals conversions show fewer conversions on each step then on the landing page.

Example: Step 1 (Donation details) has 14 conversions, Step 2 (Donor details) has 12 (so far so god), Step 3 (thank you landing page) had 16 conversions - !?!?!?
how could it be?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Weird and complicated goals issue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

Did you set the first funnel step as required?

Please let me know.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Weird and complicated goals issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ya i did
but it doesn't matter - I've set up individual goals for each step, regardless of the funnel. i can create the funnel manually (the costumer doesn't mind)