Weird Event Data - Strange spikes in data for a youtube tracking event
I handle the social media for the company I work at and we've been tracking visits to our blog. Since some of our posts have embedded youtube videos, we wanted to track when/how people were interacting with them.
I set up some "YouTube video tracking" tags in Google Tag Manage by following this tutorial: http://www.cardinalpath.com/youtube-video-tracking-with-gtm-and-ua-a-step-by-step-guide/
We started getting data and everything looked good. But then we got these spikes in the data
There's an inordinate amount of play/pause actions being triggered. It's not reflected in the acquisition data, and the Goal I made to track "play" actions isn't affected either (I made a goal to track the actions "play" and another goal to track "100%)
Re: Weird Event Data - Strange spikes in data for a youtube tracking e
You can easily debug on the website with GA debugger:
You can check in chrome, console tab with 'Preserve log' turned ON.