Analytics
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Website hits not being recorded

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am tracking website hits through GA for a site I have built on Word Press. However, it is no longer recording website hits.. any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Joe, 

#1 Install Google Tag Assistant and check to see if your Analytics code was full implemented. You can download it here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tag-assistant-by-google/kejbdjndbnbjgmefkgdddjlbokphdefk?h...

+ If your tag hasn't been implemented properly or at fix this. I know WordPress has many plugins to install your Analytics tag as well. 

#2 IF your tag is installed then where is it installed? In the <head> ? The <Body> area? 

Let me know the answers to these questions and we'll go from there! 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For the one I need to gauge site views for does not appear to be tagged (not showing up). How do I tag this? Is it through WordPress then?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hey Joe, 

I suggest you employ a web designer/developer but you yourself can easily find a WordPress Google Analytics plugin. Simply Google it and follow the instructions! 

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’