AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Website hits not being recorded

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am tracking website hits through GA for a site I have built on Word Press. However, it is no longer recording website hits.. any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Joe, 

#1 Install Google Tag Assistant and check to see if your Analytics code was full implemented. You can download it here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tag-assistant-by-google/kejbdjndbnbjgmefkgdddjlbokphdefk?h...

+ If your tag hasn't been implemented properly or at fix this. I know WordPress has many plugins to install your Analytics tag as well. 

#2 IF your tag is installed then where is it installed? In the <head> ? The <Body> area? 

Let me know the answers to these questions and we'll go from there! 

- Josh

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For the one I need to gauge site views for does not appear to be tagged (not showing up). How do I tag this? Is it through WordPress then?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey Joe, 

I suggest you employ a web designer/developer but you yourself can easily find a WordPress Google Analytics plugin. Simply Google it and follow the instructions! 

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’