AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

View through conversions - non GDN or social ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Goodmorning,

For a lot of our clients we use advertising for branding purposes. And we want to see if the impressions on these ads contributed to a conversion later on. Is there a way for us to see in analytics if an impression from a (social) ad contributed to a conversion?

For example: Im scrolling down a website or feed, I see a banner but I don't click on it. Later on I look for the brand on google, go to their page and purchase the item I saw in the facebook/third party display ad. The banner made a contribution to the conversion, even tho I did not click on it. 

I can check these numbers in Facebook or in my DSP, but I want them reported among my other campaigns in Analytics to show their value to the clients. I know this is possible for GDN impressions, but I also need the impressions or paths outside GDN.

Hopefully you can help me out. 

View through conversions - non GDN or social ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think it is technically possible as the channels do not exchange cost / interaction data. I see where you are coming from and it totally make sense to get these insights to measure cross channel marketing efficiency.