AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Various traffic types are showing up in Other Channel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For the last few days, traffic that falls under Channels like Social (Facebook), or Referral (e.g. a partner site) is now falling under the "Other" Channel.

When I click on my channels, Other has moved to slot #, where it's usually in slot #4  or #5, while social, which is usually 1, is in the last slot. 

For example, 30% of our traffic may be coming from social on a routine day. The last few days, it is about 8%, whereas Other is 25%.

Please help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Various traffic types are showing up in Other Channel

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
If you click on the work (Other) in the All Traffic-Channels report, does the breakdown give you any further clues about what is happening?

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mike,

When I click on Other, I see traffic from Facebook (which usually falls into Social) and a few other sources that usually fall under the Referral Category.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Sounds like GA has not recognized the original sources. Try creating a custom report with channel, medium and source to see what is going on.

Did you create a custom channel grouping?
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I haven't changed anything about the way I use it, it just started happening on its own.