AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Using # character in a URL with URL Builder

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Hi, 

I'm looking for a way to use a link with an anchor with the URL builder. Does this character need to be escaped? How would I do that? 

The link would be .../#careers

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
April 2016

Re: Using # character in a URL with URL Builder

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
No this fine because if this (#) appears before UTM parameters in the URL, then the UTM parameters aren't tracked.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
If you're using a URL builder tool ( https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867 ) you don't need to do anything special - just paste your full URL with anchor.

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable
Hi Tomasz,

I just gave it a try and it moves the anchor portion to the very end. Is it likely just a glitch with the builder tool?

ex: http://www.MYWEBSITE.COM/?utm_source=SOURCE&utm_medium=link&utm_content=CONTENT&utm_campaign=CAMPAIG...
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
April 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
No this fine because if this (#) appears before UTM parameters in the URL, then the UTM parameters aren't tracked.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
This is correct and will work for sure.

Not applicable
# 6
Not applicable
Thanks! It worked!