Analytics
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

User explorer report sorted by source of acquisition

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey folks,

Love the newly introduced 'user explorer', it's just what was needed to make data analysis a little more fruitful.

Just have a quick question - is it possible to create a periodic report that shows the 'acquisition channel' of users visiting a particular page on our website?

Currently, for every conversion, we can see where the conversion session has come from, but we're unable to see the acquisition source for all the converting users together. Can that be done?

Cheers,

HK

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: User explorer report sorted by source of acquisition

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi HK
The data you need is count of users with certain conditions which you can achieve in your acquisition reports with help of goals, I am not really sure how will getting anonymous client IDs will help and how will you consume this data.
Please elaborate if I am missing anything.

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi HK,

Not sure if I fully understand your question but the whole point of the User Explorer is to look at data on an individual level and not an aggregated level so collecting them all together inside of a report seems unnecessary.

If you're trying to understand the 'source' and 'campaign' from the User ID you should be able to generate a report like this in custom reports. Is that what you're referring to?
Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Joshua,

Thanks for writing back. I've probably framed the query incorrectly, so explaining it again below.

We have two sorts of users on our website - those who place an order (referred to as a customer) and those who are just browsing (referred to as a user).

Currently, we are able to determine the source of the session in which a customer orders. But rarely does it happen that someone orders in the first session that they land on our website.

What we would really like to know is the first source of session of our ordering customers - the channel and the campaign through which they first landed on our website and then made a purchase either in the same session or any session after that.

Currently, we are able to see this for individual users under User Explorer feature. We want to see this as a regular report to be able to take better marketing decisions.

You think GA has this feature?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Nikhil,

Thanks for writing back. I've probably framed the query incorrectly, so explaining it again below.

We have two sorts of users on our website - those who place an order (referred to as a customer) and those who are just browsing (referred to as a user).

Currently, we are able to determine the source of the session in which a customer orders. But rarely does it happen that someone orders in the first session that they land on our website.

What we would really like to know is the first source of session of our ordering customers - the channel and the campaign through which they first landed on our website and then made a purchase either in the same session or any session after that.

Currently, we are able to see this for individual users under User Explorer feature. We want to see this as a regular report to be able to take better marketing decisions.

You think GA has this feature?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi
I believe Multi Channel Funnels >> Top conversion paths Or Attribution >> Model comparison either of these reports should be able to help you.
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog