AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

User ID feature on a Google Site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am having issues using the User ID feature on Google Sites. I get to the step where tracking code must be added to the site, but as far as I can tell, Analytics tracking on Google Sites uses an Analytics ID, not code inserted into each page. Do I add Google Tag Manager code in addition to using the Tracking ID, then add the necessary code from there? Sorry if this has been posted before, I couldn't find it after searching.

Thank you,

Thomas

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: User ID feature on a Google Site

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)

Hi :-)
Google Sites are somewhat limited as it doesnt permit the addition of javascript except in very specific instances.

To the best of my knowledge, GTM cannot be used with Google Sites at this point in time and installation of GA is limited as
the Sites platform controls what code gets inserted.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here