1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

User ID - Client ID

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm the admin for my website. Does google analytics count me as a visitor every time I visit my own website? Do they assign me a client ID/ How can I find out if I am one of the client ID's? Or do admins not count in the analytics numbers?

Re: User ID - Client ID

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Bible,

GA counts you as a visitor any time you visit the site because it assigns Client ID to any visitor including you - it doesn't check if you're an admin or regular user. It only checks whether _ga cookie is present in your browser or not. It simply doesn't have at it's basic tracking function capability to identify particular users. Client ID is the main factor used to calculate users in GA reports.

Here you can find very good explantion of Client ID and user identification in GA: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookies-user-id