Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Unique URL tracking for website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings,

This is a first for me using Google Analytics, so I'l get straight to the point.

I have a site (www.egxyz.com) that I use to sell my products. But now I want to setup unique tracking URLs that I can monitor separately so that I know how well each link is performing. I'd say this would also work well to know what ads are more effective if applied on a more commercial scale.

Does this method use the URL builder that I was directed here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en

and what should I keep an eye on to make sure it tracks what I want? And who can generate this URL, if given the option?

- Ian

Re: Unique URL tracking for website

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Ian,
if I understood well you want to track you advertising campaign like email marketing, display, search, is it?
If this is your question url builder is the solution.
You need to use it for every marketing campaign except google adwords where you have to connect Google Analytics and Google AdWords , here explanation on how do it.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en
Fil

Re: Unique URL tracking for website

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Ian,

Do you mean you want to track internal links, or as Filtro says external campaigns like emails?

The link you've found is the best way to do this. In the Campaigns section of analytics you'll be able to see your individual campaigns/emails/external links you've been creating using that tool.

In terms of generating the links, Hootsuite/Buffer and most email platforms (MailChimp for instance) have options to automatically insert those parameters into your links so you don't have to do it manually.

Hope this helps?

Ali