AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Unique Page Views for Product SKU

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the Ecommerce > Product Performance tab, I can look at the product SKU dimension with metrics such as Quantity, Unique Purchases, Product Revenue, Avg Price, & Avg Quantity.  I would like to be able to also see the metrics Unique Pageviews, Time on Page, & Bounce Rate for the Product SKU dimension without having to use the In-Page Analytics to view each SKU individually.  Is there a way to do this or am I completely insane for trying to connect this dimension to these metrics for an exportable report?

My last thought is that perhaps I could find a way to tie my Product SKU information with the related page's URL.  However, there are sometimes more than one URL for the same product listing, depending on how I navigate to it.

Any suggestions?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael E
May 2016

Re: Unique Page Views for Product SKU

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
The problem is that the dimensions and metrics are associated with different types of data or 'scopes' in GA.

Product SKU comes from an 'item' in a 'transaction', and a 'transaction' may or may not be associated with a 'pageview'. All of them fit into a session. You can usually aggregate lower-level metrics into higher-level dimensions (like Product Revenue by Source/Medium), but don't expect to go the other way (like Bounce Rate by Product SKU) -- it's not possible to divide a 'bounce' across several products in a couple of transactions.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael E
May 2016

Re: Unique Page Views for Product SKU

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
The problem is that the dimensions and metrics are associated with different types of data or 'scopes' in GA.

Product SKU comes from an 'item' in a 'transaction', and a 'transaction' may or may not be associated with a 'pageview'. All of them fit into a session. You can usually aggregate lower-level metrics into higher-level dimensions (like Product Revenue by Source/Medium), but don't expect to go the other way (like Bounce Rate by Product SKU) -- it's not possible to divide a 'bounce' across several products in a couple of transactions.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.