Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Unable to properly verify a Goal

MAG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
MAG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

When I try to set up and verify a custom goal, I get this message:

This Goal would have a 0% conversion rate based on your data from the past 7 days.

This could not be the case. As far as I can see, I'm following the correct procedure, using the 'Begins with' option and including everything after the .org of my charity's website address. 

I'd be very grateful if anyone could offer any advice, thank you.

Mike

Re: Unable to properly verify a Goal

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Can you show us the set-up you did with your Goal? Was that page recently created and when did you create the goal?
It is also possible that you are not seeing anything yet because there hasn't been any conversion for the past 7 days

MAG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
MAG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, thanks for taking the trouble to respond. The page isn't a new page and it has had visitors (we know this because people who donated to us online will have had to come via this page). Does this and the set-up process below give you sufficient info?

Goal set-up
Edit
Custom
Goal description
Edit
Name: Donate page / Shopping basket
Goal type: Destination
Goal details
Destination
Begins with
/get-involved/shop/shopping-basket/
Case sensitive
For example, use My Screen for an app and /thankyou.html instead of www.example.com/thankyou.html for a web page.

Value optional
OFF Assign a monetary value to the conversion.
Funnel optional
OFF
Specify a path that you expect traffic to take towards the destination. Use it to analyse the entrance and exit points that impact your Goal.

This Goal would have a 0% conversion rate based on your data from the past 7 days. Try a different set-up.
Re-verify

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mag,

Thanks for sending this info and the set-up looks to be correct too and just to confirm if you go to your All Pages report and search for that page has there been any traffic to it for the last 7 days?

MAG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
MAG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for this - while there have definitely been visitors to this page, having checked Google Analytics as you suggested, the page isn't being captured on GA. This is odd, given that every other page on the site is fine, but that seems to mean it's a problem our end. Thank you.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
You're welcome - It must've been a custom page where your developer forgot to include the GA code to that page