4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

UTM tagging

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a question regarding UTM tagging. We are already running url tagging. Now, can I edit the existing links to add the campaign content parameter. If yes, how can i do that? If no, will i have to create another custom url using url builder, then won't all my data be comprised?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: UTM tagging

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Trudy,

How depends on where the links are. That said, you can simply add in the &utm_content= parameter to the end of the current url tagging. It wont affect any historical data, you simply will have another dimension (ad content) available for new traffic.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Theo.... though i did not understand this part - How depends on where the links are

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Trudy,

By that I meant which platform, e.g. Bing, Facebook, etc. And if using Bing you could use their editor to easily add in the parameter while other platforms would be more tedious. Smiley Happy

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn