AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

UTM Parameter Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello:

I am new to building UTM Parameters. I created a UTM Parameter with tags for a 3rd party selling platform because they requested one. I created it using Google UTM builder. I sent them the UTM Link but how do I use it and where do I paste it to see the performance on our Google Analytics? Example:  http://www.companyname.com/?utm_source=google, etc. etc.  

What do I do with this link in Google? Where do I paste it. Or is this link used by the 3rd party for tracking by them only?

Need any guidance please.

johnson

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: UTM Parameter Link

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

You need to use the tagged URL in emails and external sites linking back to your site.
You can see the collected data in Acquisition -> Campaigns -> All Campaigns.
Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: UTM Parameter Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi There: Thanks for your response. I need a bit of clarification. The 3rd party requested the Link Parameter. So they will be placing this link on their site and emails? Also, how do I see this collected data in Acquisition > Campaigns > All Campaigns if I haven't set anything up in Campaigns. Do I need to paste the Link Parameter in Google Analytics anywhere or in Adwords Campaigns? Any help is appreciated. Lorena