3.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

UTM Parameter Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello:

I am new to building UTM Parameters. I created a UTM Parameter with tags for a 3rd party selling platform because they requested one. I created it using Google UTM builder. I sent them the UTM Link but how do I use it and where do I paste it to see the performance on our Google Analytics? Example:  http://www.companyname.com/?utm_source=google, etc. etc.  

What do I do with this link in Google? Where do I paste it. Or is this link used by the 3rd party for tracking by them only?

Need any guidance please.

johnson

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: UTM Parameter Link

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

You need to use the tagged URL in emails and external sites linking back to your site.
You can see the collected data in Acquisition -> Campaigns -> All Campaigns.
Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: UTM Parameter Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi There: Thanks for your response. I need a bit of clarification. The 3rd party requested the Link Parameter. So they will be placing this link on their site and emails? Also, how do I see this collected data in Acquisition > Campaigns > All Campaigns if I haven't set anything up in Campaigns. Do I need to paste the Link Parameter in Google Analytics anywhere or in Adwords Campaigns? Any help is appreciated. Lorena