Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

UTM Code Help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning all,

I'm new to the forum and not entirely technical at the best of times so you'll have to bear with me!

I currently run an Job Advertising Website that sources it's traffic through a number of external paid mediums. 

Essentially what I want, is to know where, every time a candidate clicks ‘Apply Now’, the source site that they came from was. I want to track the 'Apply Now' button, although to get to this button the candidate needs to go to a 'Jobseeker Registration Page' to then be redirected back to the job, and therefore click 'Apply Now'. Would the UTM code simply say that the source was my own site (from the previous registration page) or could I set this to track back to the first external page they linked to my website through?

I hope I’m making sense on this one! As I’m adding more and more traffic suppliers I’m going to need to be able to track things. I can see individually the amount of clicks being sent through to the site and the total amount of applications made by these clicks, but I can’t see which applications have come from where so I thought I’d ask for help.

Hoping you’ll be able to translate my non-technical talk into something that makes sense!

Thanks in advance.

Cameron

Kind regards,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: UTM Code Help

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

if all your pages that you described (registration...) resides on the same domain and you have tracking code installed on all of those pages then you should be just fine after you have added the code that tracks the button click.

Does this answer your question / Do you need more assistance?
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.