Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Two separate checkout processes and a dynamic form on enhanced ecommerce

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm setting up enhanced ecommerce and getting the hang of it, but I have a particular case that seems fairly complicated. Customers can book appointments for a photo shoot on our website using a dynamic javascript form all on one page and then we have a more traditional purchasing flow to purchase the photos after the appointment. I attached pictures because this is fairly confusing.

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 7.56.49 AM.pngAppointment form that doesn't "add to cart"Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 7.56.11 AM.pngshoot page where they add the pictures to the "cart"Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 7.56.34 AM.pngtraditional checkout page for only the shoots. This is separate from the checkout page the appointment form usees.

1. The booking form has 5 steps that fills in information on the appointment like category, number of people, duration, location, and time. Then they are directed to a payment page where they complete the process, but this is behind a authentication wall so if they aren't logged in they have to go through this as well.

I want to track each step of the process where they could have fallen out of this process. Should I be adding 'blank' appointments to the cart when they hit the page and then adding information as they fill out each step? This get's a little weird since we actually have a real cart that is completely separate from this and it's possible for that to have items while they start a new appointment. As they go through the form, they fill out info and price is determined once they hit the duration step. Also, they are able to go back and forth between the steps which adds another layer to this. I assume that I can add every step of this process to the checkout flow though and even if some are skipped that it will record the final value just fine.

Basically I want to track what they paid all said and done in addition to knowing exactly when they fell off. I think I can just not add this to the cart so it doesn't interfere with the other flow and just go right into the checkout process. I have no clue how this works though if they go to the other checkout process in the middle of this though. 

2.  Once the appointments are booked and they get their photos, they can purchase them online. We have a listing for all of the photos across all of their appointments and here is where they can add the photos to their cart like a standard site. Then we have a traditional checkout and purchasing process here. Now the only confusion I have here is that the 'checkout steps' are actually a different set of steps than the entire first flow. Can I just add these steps on top of the other checkout process steps and just use segmentation or filtering to get the results I need? 

3. How does the whole cart thing work? Once an item is added to the cart, does it stay there forever? This must expire when the session ends, but when the user logs back in the cart will still remain. 

Sorry for the complex scenario, any tips are appreciated on how to handle this.

Two separate checkout processes and a dynamic form on enhanced ecommerce

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Would like to know as well!