AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Trying to track conversions (conference registration via "eTouches")

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi folks.

We have a conference coming up (www.commitforum.com) and I want to be able to track conversions (conference registrations) on various campaigns I'm running.  Commitforum has google analytics of course and it works fine.  The trouble is that the registration takes place on a 3rd party - www.eiseverywhere.com.  

They offer zero support in terms of helping track conversion and only say "paste your google anlytics code in the header of the registration pages".

Fine. Done that and it does nothing.

I assume this is probably because it's a different URL.  Might there be another reason?  Anyone have any experience with this stuff and know what I need to do beyond just pasting the code in which obviously doesn't do anything?

Thanks!!!

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Nick,

If you have added your Google Analytics (GA) code into the "Thank you" page of www.eiseverywhere.com website and you have configured right Goal into your GA, I don't think so you will face any difficulties in it.

Thanks,

Roshan

Re: Trying to track conversions (conference registration via "eTouches")

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay great!  That's exactly what I was hoping the solution was.  However, I'm still seeing nothing when I run test conversions.

I also put the GA code on all the pages of the "www.eiseverywhere.com" domain just for good measure and I don't see any data coming from it.  Like, I assume I should be able to see that traffic when i look at my regular GA interface right?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Then there is something wrong in GA code which you placed on another domain.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey @Nick A,

If I open your websites which you have mentioned, they use different GA properties i.e. the UA id's to which the data is sent is different.

In order to make sure the data gets populated in the GA property that you are looking at, please have the same UA id across the both the websites or else you need to look into different GA properties.