2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Trend graph?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to export a trend graph in GA? I have a funnel set up with cart -> info -> payment -> processing. I want to see a trend of the % of people abandoning cart in the last X months. I'm only able to see the TOTAL number of people abandoning cart step, but not a trend of data points. Anyone know how?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Trend graph?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

you could create a custom report using one of the goal metrics - https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets#view=detail&group=goal_con... or simply do a query in google aheets via the Core API.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks.

The problem is I don't have a goal set up that calculates the people who abandon the cart with "cart -> info", I only have ones that are the entire process "cart -> info -> payment -> processing". I set up a new goal "cart -> info" but it will only produce data from today onwards, not historical data.

I guess what I'm asking is if it's possible to create a historical trend graph of EACH STEP or A PART of a goal funnel. For instance if my goal funnel has steps A -> B -> C -> D, is it possible to produce a trend graph of the % of people who abandons steps B -> C?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

I would definitely start with exporting Page and some time based dimension such as Date (dimension) and Pageviews / Unique Pageviews (metric) into google sheets or Excel and create custom calc and visualisation there.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net