AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Trend graph?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to export a trend graph in GA? I have a funnel set up with cart -> info -> payment -> processing. I want to see a trend of the % of people abandoning cart in the last X months. I'm only able to see the TOTAL number of people abandoning cart step, but not a trend of data points. Anyone know how?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Trend graph?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

you could create a custom report using one of the goal metrics - https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets#view=detail&group=goal_con... or simply do a query in google aheets via the Core API.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks.

The problem is I don't have a goal set up that calculates the people who abandon the cart with "cart -> info", I only have ones that are the entire process "cart -> info -> payment -> processing". I set up a new goal "cart -> info" but it will only produce data from today onwards, not historical data.

I guess what I'm asking is if it's possible to create a historical trend graph of EACH STEP or A PART of a goal funnel. For instance if my goal funnel has steps A -> B -> C -> D, is it possible to produce a trend graph of the % of people who abandons steps B -> C?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

I would definitely start with exporting Page and some time based dimension such as Date (dimension) and Pageviews / Unique Pageviews (metric) into google sheets or Excel and create custom calc and visualisation there.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net