AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Transactions showing for today include some that actually happened months ago.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When looking at transactions in GA for today, the total count is higher than what is shown in our admin backend. I would expect it to be the other way around if there was an issue ie. GA missing some bookings.

After cross referencing the ID's and transaction totals between GA and our backend, I noticed that the extra transactions I'm seeing for today in GA are actually old bookings.

I thought GA only reporting eCommerce transactions at the time of transaction. I've double checked date ranges etc etc a few times and I'm doing everything right.

Does anyone know why a number of different bookings that happened at various times and dates over the 7 months are randomly showing in today's GA transactions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Transactions showing for today include some that actually happened months ago.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Daniel,

It can happen that a user visits the receipt page for their order from an email or bookmark and the transaction tracking code is getting fired again. You need to make sure that the transaction tracking code is getting fired only once.

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Transactions showing for today include some that actually happened months ago.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold,

Thanks for coming back to me.

We already thought of this and have confirmed that it's impossible to refire the code. There is a 30 minute cut off.

Something else is going on unfortunately, it's doing my head in!

Cheers
Dan