Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Transactions: Missing the Beginning of the Funnel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I am having some issues with my (regular) eCommerce tracking. Maybe your expert eyes can spot the problem? 

Our sites structure is quite a muddle, I must say. 

1. Our "classic sites" are built on the format www.[mySite].[tld]: 

• www.[mySite].com
  • www.[mySite].de
  • www.[mySite].fr

2. For each of these domains, we have the following subdomains: 

• lp.[mySite].[tld] (landing pages)
  • signup.[mySite].[tld] (signup and thank you pages)

3. And our app site where all the previous sites lead, and where our clients can make their transactions is the unique app.[mySite].com

Now my Analytics structure: 

• A tracker on each domain.
  • A Rollup tracker everywhere (with its own name).

My problem: In my Rollup property, the sessions with transactions start only at the app.[mySite].com. I can't see what happens before that: from what classic site do they come, and more important, what source / medium brought these users. In short, I'm missing the beginning of the funnel

My referral exclusion list is updated, I'm using the cookiedomain auto setup in my classic Analytics tag (but not in my eCommerce Analytics tag). 

If anyone has a clue, please, share it ! 

Thanks, 

David

1 Expert replyverified_user

Transactions: Missing the Beginning of the Funnel

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi David,

Are you saying that users begin on mysite.de and convert on app.mysite.com for example?  If to then your roll up needs to have cross domain tracking enabled or you will not get the data to connect as mysite.com cannot read the cookies from mysite.de.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034342

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn