Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Transaction vs. Goal conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I've setup a goal for our latest app having all the screens during our so-called onboarding. Destination goal is the success page. When hitting this page, the app also sends all the necessary infos regarding ecommerce (addItem, transaction). Now when looking at the funnel with the number of conversions and the number of products they do not match. Conversions are a bit higher than what I see as a product. What I actually expected was those two numbers to be exactly the same. I am a bit confused here. Are there products missing in the list or does GA show too many conversions? Any idea what the issue might be?

Thanks a lot!

Maria

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Maria,

Goals can be completed only once per a session but there can be multiple transactions in a single session so the the two numbers can't be exactly the same. Hope this explains what you're experiencing.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Arnold,

not really, since I have a higher number of conversions and a lower one for transactions. With your explanation it should be the other way round though. Or did I get something wrong.

On a different note - how is a session defined on a native app?

How our flow works is, that the user start onboarding - once he converts we reached our goal and the transaction will also be triggered. To trigger another transaction he now has to logout (the user automatically gets logged in once he converted) and start another onboarding. This would then also lead to another success of the goal and another transaction.

Hope this makes sense.