AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Transaction data tracking perfectly then POOF! all previous data gone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our ecommerce transaction data has been tracking perfectly for our site as of lately, then this happened.. Can someone please help?

About an hour ago, Google Analytics was showing 4 transactions so far today, matching our ecommerce platform (Magento) 100%.  Now Google Analytics is showing 0 transactions so far today!  What could possibly cause a 100% disappearance of transaction data that Google Analytics had already tracked?

I hope we can figure this out with your help, I have never seen this happen after years of using Google Analytics.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Transaction data tracking perfectly then POOF! all previous data g

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Kyle,

i can't see any issues with Google Analytics, inside their status board: http://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en&v=status.

Once the data is reached and reported to GA, then no way to delete this data by GA console except by Google through their backend system. If there are any issues at their end, they will fix it and then the data will be available as it is.

Meanwhile please check real time stats at your side make sure that nothing is wrong with the implementation.

Regards,
Sam

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

As you mentioned you are looking at today's report.

Lets wait for 24-48 hrs for GA reporting to get complete and then check.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
As said by others, you probably only need to wait. Data from the current day is unstable and sometimes you need to wait until the next day to view it properly.
John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.