Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Transaction Discrepancy 35%

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We have a 35% Tansaction Disrepancy on a Ecommerce website built on Woocommerce and Wordpress.

What can be the cause for such disrepancy?

Thank you,

Uri

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Uri,

can you give us some more details please.

- How do you measure transactions, via GTM or GA?

- Is enhanced ecommerce tracking enabled?

- Is there maybe a certain pattern which transaction are missing in GA?

David

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Make some test transactions - do the values being sent to GA match those of the product? Use GA debugger to see what is being sent. Pay special attention to how shipping and tax are managed. For example, GA may be including shipping and tax, whereas your back end is not. 

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

oh yeah - take a representative week and compare each transaction from GA with that of your back-end. As David said, you should look to see what transactions are reporting incorrectly, or not at all. I also note that you do not say whether GA is under or over-reporting - can you specify this a little more please.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David,

1. We measure via GA.
2. Enhanced ecommerce tracking is enabled.

3. I eliminated patterns like type of payment (Paypal/CreditCard) or mobile/desktop and didn't find any pattern I can put my finger on

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John,
GA is under-reporting,
many trasactions simply don't report in GA,
most transactions that are reported are reported correctly, except a sigle transaction I found that reported a doubled-revenue.

Thanks

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Check your backend to see if the missing transactions share anything which could suggest why they are not appearing. Note that some of the transactions which are missing from GA will be the result of unavoidable scenarios, such as visitors not allowing GA to work.

Some quick thoughts:

- do the transactions which are missing contain special characters in the product name? The presence of "", for example, will break the tracking

- do all transactions occur in the same way? Or do some transactions occur on different platforms, which may not be tracked?