6.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Traffic Sources Issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are currently running Google Ads and a Facebook campaign for our product. It just launched today (March 6). When I look at my Google Analytics, it breaks down my sources into three: Organic, Paid, Social. I'm assuming Organic is anyone that found our page naturally, paid is our Google Ad Words and Social is our Facebook campaign, however the numbers don't line up right. For example for our FB campaign, today we have over 80 visits, however our GA social says 40 visits. Also, our organic says 40'ish visits, however I would be surprised that many people would find us this quickly. Any thoughts how to get this right from the onset?

Thanks everyone.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Traffic Sources Issues

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Matt,

It depends on how you've coded your advertising.  You need to use auto tagging and sync GA and AdWords for the Google Ad traffic and use Custom Campaigns for FB.  Once that is done, use the Source/Medium report.

More on Custom Campaigns:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033863?hl=en

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn