AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking with Gclid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am currently looking to link my Google ad words with google analytics using gclid but I am having trouble finding the gclid parameters data. 

If someone can help me I would extremely appreciate it.

Tracking with Gclid

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Vincent,

Here's the step-by-step guide on how to link Google AdWords and Google Analytics: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en

If you've got auto-tagging turned on in Analytics, Google adds the gclid parameter to your destination URLs automatically, so you can get information about the clicked advert in your Analytics reports.

Here you can read more about how does the auto-tagging actually work: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2938246?hl=en

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Taavi

Tracking with Gclid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am currently in my google analytics account but I can't seem to find Gclid information in the reports. 

Tracking with Gclid

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You will not be able to find the ?gclid query parameter in any reports in Google Analytics. It's basically an identifier key sent from Adwords, and Analytics will basically translate it into the correct source, medium, campaign, keyword and content dimension values.

Re: Tracking with Gclid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm looking for it in a report so I can import my sales and sales values as offline conversions. In order to do this I need to import into adwords using csv. format linking sales and gclid info.

What I don't know is where on earth I can collect the gclid info. I've enabled auto tagging and linked my adwords and analytics.

I have enabled code on my site to store gclid information in cookies.

I just don't know we're to get this data now.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Tracking with Gclid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm looking for it in a report so I can import my sales and sales values as offline conversions. In order to do this I need to import into adwords using csv. format linking sales and gclid info.

What I don't know is where on earth I can collect the gclid info. I've enabled auto tagging and linked my adwords and analytics.

I have enabled code on my site to store gclid information in cookies.

I just don't know we're to get this data now.

Sent from my iPhone