Analytics
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking visitors who have seen a specific internal promotion... am I doing this right?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So we have an almost full Enhanced Ecommerce tracking set up on our website, implemented in GTM.

Now I'd like to do the following: We will have an internal promotion running tomorrow for a limited time, visible on multiple pages throughout our site.

We want to segment all users who have seen this promotion at least once.

And by that I mean, I'd like to see what the users who saw this promotion are doing over the next few days or even weeks.

So, it looks like it this is all I have to set up:

promotion.png

Does it work like that, is it really that simple?

I'm kind of new in this field, concerning segments and all that... So before this promotion starts, I'd just want to make sure we set up everything correctly... Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matthias B
June 2017

Tracking visitors who have seen a specific internal promotion... am I doing this right?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes, you are right. If you have any doubts, please use Google Analytics' demo account to try it through following link: link

Happy to help, You're welcome!

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Matthias B,

If you implemented ecommerce internal promotion views correctly, you can include "internal promotion views" metrics with the condition -> per user -> greater than 1. This will give you the users who viewed your internal promotions at least once

I hope this helps,

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes we implemented internal promotion impressions and clicks, and we also submit internal promotion Names and IDs.

What I want to track is all users who have seen one specific internal promotion, not *any* internal promotion.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Ok then yes, your segment is correct. Smiley Happy

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your help!

So just to make sure we're on the same page here: The filter "<Internal Promtion ID> matches <THE_ID>" includes all Users that have viewed this promotion, and not necessarily clicked it, right?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matthias B
June 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes, you are right. If you have any doubts, please use Google Analytics' demo account to try it through following link: link

Happy to help, You're welcome!