5.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Tracking url

L K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
L K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am trying to develop a tracking URL for a newsletter. I have created the link but I am not sure where I can view who has clicked on the link within my good analytics- could anyone help please? 

Tracking url

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

You can go to Acquisition > Campaign > All Campaign and see if your tracking url is there.

Tracking url

L K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
L K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much- I have looked there but there is nothing. I clicked the link lots of times so I am confused as to why nothing is there?? I waited a day to check but nothing...

Tracking url

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

If you are saying that you clicked the link a lot of times i would assume that most of it will not be recorded as it will falls as an invalid or one session but yeah there should be 1 or 2 on your record but keep in mind also that usually to be able to fully see a record on analytics it needs 4-48 hours.

Tracking url

L K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
L K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. I clicked it a handful of times. I know the link is working as I see it in the real time view. Maybe I just need to give it some more time maybe until it shows up. 

Tracking url

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi LK! You're welcome Smiley Happy 

Tracking url

L K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
L K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do you happen to know if I shorten the link, will it make a difference to its ability to track?

Tracking url

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi LK! 

No it won't make any difference. Smiley Happy