Analytics
6K members online now
6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking two analytics IDs in one website.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There are two Analytics IDs that are tracking one website and I only want one of them. I can not find the ID of the one I do not want to be tracking the website, even with Google Tag Manager. Can someone help with another approach to finding this ID?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andres L
November 2015

Re: Tracking two analytics IDs in one website.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I have seen this happening a few ways:
1. Two codes pasted into the site - easy to spot
2. One code through tag manager and one code directly into site code
3. One code pasted into code as per 'usual' and second code implemented in a script or a plugin (WordPress) so that you cannot actually 'see' two 'UA' codes
4. I have seen CMS that let you paste the code into CMS and they push it site wide then someone else has put the code directly into the code (similar to 3.)
5. sometimes the two different ID's are on different pages so/sections of the site so only one code per page but two different altogether

To help us answer further:
- How do you know there are two codes?
- what is the site? (and which code to you want)

thanks.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Andres,

Can you post a link to the site so we can look into it?

Thanks

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andres L
November 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I have seen this happening a few ways:
1. Two codes pasted into the site - easy to spot
2. One code through tag manager and one code directly into site code
3. One code pasted into code as per 'usual' and second code implemented in a script or a plugin (WordPress) so that you cannot actually 'see' two 'UA' codes
4. I have seen CMS that let you paste the code into CMS and they push it site wide then someone else has put the code directly into the code (similar to 3.)
5. sometimes the two different ID's are on different pages so/sections of the site so only one code per page but two different altogether

To help us answer further:
- How do you know there are two codes?
- what is the site? (and which code to you want)

thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
http://golftlink.com/

I know there is two codes because they re-did their website and they got a new Google analytics ID for it, and the tracking from the previous ID is tracking the sales and the new one is tracking the source.

I finally found the ID! It was in two of the check out pages. I found it by inspecting the source of them and searching for the code there. This checkout pages are plugins in shopify.

Now I am trying to figure out how to take this code out. I do not have admin access so I would have to guide those who do on how to take it out. It would be amazing if you could help me guide them.

Thank you so much!!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Great!
As far as guiding them can you just go to the culprit pages and go CTRL U to reveal the code then go CTRL F for UA- to find the script then take a screenshot and highlight the GA code you need removed then email that screenshot to them and ask for the highlighted lines of code to be deleted.
Pretty much and dev should be able to follow that.
Let me know if I have missed what you are saying.
[thank you for the best answer tag]

Tracking two analytics IDs in one website.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

i would like to confirm whether we have written correct tracking snippet of tracking two Analytics IDs in one website through single snippet of GA.

Here is the code,

<script>window.ga=window.ga||function(){(ga.q=ga.q||[]).push(arguments)};ga.l=+new Date;if(core&&core.config('isDev')){ga('create','UA-4210977-7','auto');}else{ga('create','UA-4210977-5','auto');}

Can some one check and confirm us on this if possible ASAP.

Regards,

Rama.G