AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking the conversion funnel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi the screen shot below is our first step in the checkout process. Should this be tracked as an event? I want to make sure this is tracked in my conversion funnel. If I should track as an event how does that fit into the Goal funnel in Analytics?

first step checkout.png

Save

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking the conversion funnel

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

You cannot add events to the funnel. If you want the register / login page to appear as a page view in your reports you need to fire a virtual pageview when it appears. Please check the document below:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/single-page-applications#tr...

Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Tracking the conversion funnel

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Goal funnels are explicitly URL-based. If there are not defining URLs for each step, you're out of luck.

BUT, if you are okay with crunching some numbers...you can setup each completion of the checkout process as an event within GTM, then will manually have to figure out conversion rates, OR create a custom metric to figure the conversion rate out for you.