AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking sales and conversions on E-commerce

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

I can't see any sales, conversion rates or revenue results in our Google Analytics account despite having E-commerce tracking and everything set up as usual. I am used to using the Acquisition tab to track sales performance and conversion rates, but at the moment the e-com conversion rate is listed as 0.00% and revenue is also $0.00 (this should also be in GBP which I can't work out how to change either). Everything in the conversions tab also says $0.00 (for example, Product Performance & Sales performance). I can't work out why we are able to track pageviews and traffic but not sales and conversion? Is there something extra I need to set up for this? There aren't any goals set up so wondering if this might be why, but I didn't think goals were required to be able to view sales performance and conversion rates in general? 

Any help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Fiona

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking sales and conversions on E-commerce

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Fiona,

Did you set up ecommerce tracking as per the article below?

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/ecommerce

Once implemented you can check if the transaction data is being sent from your website to Google Analytics using the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Tracking sales and conversions on E-commerce

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Dear @Fiona M

Have you implemented eCommerce through GTM?

If yes make sure the dataLayer is setup on Thank you / Final page to push data to GA,

Once the eCommerce data is enabled you should be able to see eCommerce reports under GA: (these will give you complete overview)

Conversions > Ecommerce
  • Overview

• Product Performance

• Sales Performance

• Transactions

• Time to Purchase

It should work without setting any goal, setting up right dataLayer should push data to GA in 4 hours.

to change currency goto: Admin > View Settings > Currency displayed as: (choose your currency)

Let me know if any help required.

Thanks