Analytics
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking goals when visitors view a specific page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can we track the goals conversion rate when a visitor view (not land) our "About Us page?

They could come from our Home page, Contact us page, Product A page, etc then if they view our "About Us" page, what is the conversion rate if they view our "About Us" page.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Ok - my first question is how are you defining 'conversion rate'? Is it views of the page or is it something your visitors do on the page? Conversion rate is traditionally calculated as number of conversions/number of visitors i.e. the % of visitors who convert.  

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Stanley T ,

You can create segment as page contains about-us & landing page not about-us & check the Total stats for goal conv. rate(% converted visits) for that respective goal in source/medium (or any other) reports.

Hope this helps
Thanks,
Ritwik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey John,

Our conversion rate is based on a page visit which is when they visit on a "Quote Success" page after they requested a quote.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

In which case you can specify this as a goal in the interface. Alternatively you can create a segment which specifies that the session must include a view of that particular page. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply, John.

Can a segment tell us how many visitors viewed our About Us page then requested a quote or completed a goal?

From what I understand a segment only tell us how many visitors who completed a goal viewed our About Us page.

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

You can create a segment (theoretically, I don't know your website and tracking setup) which can have rules such as: 

page == About Us

and

Event == requested a quote (or as a page view)

or

Goal completion >0 for the specific goal

You can mess about with segments as much as you like, so I recommend playing around with them and seeing what happens. Remember that segments are at the session level i.e they will report all the other pages that the visitor viewed in the sessions that meet your rule.