Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking from Advertisement to Checkout

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an ad running on another website. I want to track people coming from that ad to the landing page on my site, then to the end of the checkout (invoice).

I have an idea of how to set up a goal that tracks from landing page to invoice, but how do I track traffic specifically from my ad? The goal would show traffic that is coming from 

people clicking on my ad to the landing page as well as people navigating on my site to the landing page.

I've googled a bunch, but can't find my answer. Thanks for any help! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Tracking from Advertisement to Checkout

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

the easiest way to go about that is to go to Acquisition > All traffic > Referrals and locate the other website in the list.

Then, at the right of the table, use the dropdown menu near the Conversion box to select your goal.

That way you'll get a conversion rate for your invoice process generated by your ad

Alternatively, consider using UTM parameters to distinguish clicks/visits from banners and such.

See https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en 

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan