Analytics
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking entry to submitted form

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

My friend has asked for help with setting up her goals and events for analytics.

Last week we worked out to how record form submissions when the form reloads and there is no unique URL.

Today I want to learn how to track what pages people came from to the form page on submit.

At the moment event product page has its own form on it, but to improve usability, she is going to have one form on the site, and add a CTA button on each product page.

Before doing this, we want to ensure that we will be able to track which product page each person was on before they clicked through to the Quote form and submitted it.

Is this possible please?

Thank you

Kristin 

Re: Tracking entry to submitted form

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Kristin,

There are a several ways to go about getting an answer to your question. Depending on the exact scenario, here are two reports you may find helpful.
The first is the Landing Page report, if the users arrives to the site and enters directly onto one of your event product pages you can use the drop down in the Conversion column of the report to display form submissions (assuming you've configured as a Goal) as the conversion you want to analyze, against each of the landing pages a user arrived to your site from.
Report found here: Behavior>Site Content>Landing Pages (then switch the conversion drop down to the proper Goal)

If the visitor does not enter your site directly to the event product page another straight forward option for answering your question would be to use the Reverse Goal Path report. This shows you the page that the goal was completed on, as well as the previous three pages a user visited prior to converting. Helpful for seeing exactly how they arrived to your goal completion page.
Report found here:Conversions>Goals>Reverse Goal Path

Hope this helps,
Grant