AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking eCommerce conversion from edm to 'info site' to 'eshop site'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, we had sent out electronic direct mailers with utm parameters links to our info site. They are able to make a purchase by clicking a buy button (at info site) to our eshop site. Our info site and eshop site are using two different urls. How am I able to check that my ecommerce sales transactions came from edm? Our info site also had utm parameters.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Liz L
January 2016

Re: Tracking eCommerce conversion from edm to 'info site' to 'eshop si

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Liz

try to use one tracking code for these sites. I think is the best resolution for you. The same cookies show you how user hit on your main or shop site and don't change of source your customers.

Or invest in programmer and he set this for you.

SH

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Liz

do you use different or same tracking code? Different URL is domain .en and domain .en/shop or subdomain or other domain?

SH

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
SH

Different url in terms of other domain name. eDM itself had its own set of utm parameters with eg medium parameter indicated as email. When user from eDM landed on our info site, they click "BUY" button with its utm parameters medium as eg info.site. When user purchased item on eshop, the transaction source/medium indicated as 'info.site instead of eDM (email).

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Liz

if your shop is on the other domain for example-> yourshopsite com      and you main site domain -> yoursite com 

You must use Cross Domain Tracking https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034342?hl=en or you can use one Google Analytics Tracking Code and set.

It's good for you?

SH

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks SH

My only concern is any complication involved using cross domain on google analytic data reportings. For eg, my SEM campaigns drive traffic to info site and eshop site respectively with different messaging. or other matters which I am not aware of.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Liz L
January 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Liz

try to use one tracking code for these sites. I think is the best resolution for you. The same cookies show you how user hit on your main or shop site and don't change of source your customers.

Or invest in programmer and he set this for you.

SH