AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking data with UTM

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have 2 UTM for domain.

url 1. abc.com/?utm_source=gg&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hn

url 2. abc.com?utm_source=gg&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hn

Please see, the url 1 # the url 2. Url 1 have "/" and url no.

If i have campaign on adwords with URL 2. I don't know the analytics tracking or not with url 2.

Do you have?

Re: Tracking data with UTM

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nguyen,

AdWords campaign tracking can be set up automatically. You don't have to worry about utm_source, utm_medium or utm_campaign.

Just make sure that you have integrated AdWords and Analytics in the correct way:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033961?hl=en

(remember to use auto-tagging here)

At the end of the destination URL of your campaign (landing pages) a "gclid" parameter appears (if you click on an AdWords link).
The utm parameters and the corresponding values are automatically shown in Google Analytics.

Good luck!
Paul

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I know. But my client have url 2 and i don't know with url 2 the analytics have data it?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, could you please try to reformulate the question so that I exactly know what you mean?

Thanks,
Paul