AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking conversions from wufoo forms

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

There is a well-known issue with wufoo forms in that you embed one on your website and a user completes the form, the referrer is shown as wufoo in Google Analytics. Not particularly useful.

I've searched high and low for a solution and can't find one.

Can anyone help at all, or is it a case of using a different form supplier?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Jon530,

Do you want to exclude the refferer in GA? Then you can add it in referral exclusion list you can go to admin > Property > Tracking info > referral exclusion list and add the wufoo domain.

Let me know if its something else

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Ritwik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We want to see where users come from who fill in the form successfully.

We have paid external links so want to track traffic from them that does convert.

I added wufoo to the exclusion list beforehand, but unfortunately traffic not just appears as 'direct'.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Jon530,

Is it possible to add utms to those paid links. ?? or do you have any unique landing page for paid external links?
The point here is you can create a segment of users using utms or landing page and then see converted users from external link in goal completion (assuming you have created form completion goal)

Thanks,
Ritwik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ritwik, I don't think you understand the problem. I'm having the same issue. We do have UTMs in our click-through URLs, but the campaign data in them is not carried forward by the Wufoo form, and gets lost when the form is submitted. The UTM campaign data basically doesn't make it to the confirmation page. I've spoken recently to Wufoo about this issue, and they have basically told me they have not added the ability to the Wufoo form to look at the Google cookie to grab the UTM data to carry it forward to the confirmation page. So it gets lost. So there basically is NO way to track what paid, (or non-paid,) traffic source led to a lead capture with Wufoo. Very frustrating. And I can't believe they would not have added this in by now. This is a very very very common need. I'm actually most likely going to switch from Wufoo to another solution like SumoMe to resolve the issue.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Having the same issue with wufoo :-( mywebsite.wufoo.com considered as referral. I think i'm also loosing critical UTM infos due to wufoo iframe solution.

I'm considering alt solution that should be supported by zapier. 

A tons are available at https://zapier.com/zapbook/#sort=popular&filter=forms.

Do you have a suggestion? If possible a service that is UTM data friendly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I understand your question. The answer is here...

https://www.mezzolabs.co.uk/2017/12/google-analytics-wufoo/

Find your wufoo subdomain (it'll be showing up in your analytics). Then use the instructions at the above link to exclude that as a referrer, so google will pass through the info on the last known referrer BEFORE wufoo and not simply say wufoo. Cheers!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Daniel D Thank you!!  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This solution doesn’t seem to work with the latest Wufoo forms. Any other ideas?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

also not working on my side, any further ideas? did excluding the referrer help all others?