Analytics
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking conversion rate for audience that has viewed a certain page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My website doesn't see immediate conversion. People may convert after a couple of visits. Website sells food products.

I'm trying to track conversion rate for customers who visit and have seen our "About Us" page vs customers who haven't visited our "About Us" page. The conversion may happen in repeat visits, so it's not in the same session.

Can I track this? Would cohorts help?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ruchika A
January 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Ruchika,

This is easily done using segments.  When you build your segment, go to advanced>>conditions; select page as the dimesion and enter the page in question. 

You can build a segment for sessions and this will tell you how often in happens in a session and one for users which will let you look at user behavior over 93 days.  You can add additional conditions; such as whether or not they have had transactions... and you can create segments to exclude users that viewed about us, to compare the two.

More on segments:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3124493?hl=en

Best,

Theo Bennett 

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ruchika A
January 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Ruchika,

This is easily done using segments.  When you build your segment, go to advanced>>conditions; select page as the dimesion and enter the page in question. 

You can build a segment for sessions and this will tell you how often in happens in a session and one for users which will let you look at user behavior over 93 days.  You can add additional conditions; such as whether or not they have had transactions... and you can create segments to exclude users that viewed about us, to compare the two.

More on segments:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3124493?hl=en

Best,

Theo Bennett 

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn