Analytics
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking conversion of an specific event

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if you could help me tracking something on a website we have designed.

Basically we have a a question dropdown on the home page , what I want to track is:

1. How many of the people who clicked on the dropdown converted [filled in an appointment request]. so basically I have to track

a. How many people clicked on the dropdown links

b. how many people who has done "a" has converted.

I just want to know how well this functionality on the website works? I hope it makes sense?

Thank you,

Aida 

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Aida S,

I might not have got you correctly but
If you want to know how many users who clicked on the drop down converted then you can:
- Track users who clicked on dropdown
- Track users who converted (filled an appointment)

You can use events to track clicks and goals (or events) to track appointments
Then in Analytics interface, you can create segments of users who clicked on dropdown and see the users who then converted.

Let me know, if this was not you were looking for.

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Ritwik

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello @Ritwik B

Thanks so much for your reply.

The issue is that I don't want to track people who clicked on the dropdown as a Goal because thats not a goal..I know that I can track that using event tracking but to do that I have to add that as Goal which I don't want to. because I don't want to count each click on the dropdown as a goal if that makes sense?

Sorry I hope its clear?

Aida

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Aida S,

"I know that I can track that using event tracking but to do that I have to add that as Goal"

Not necessary. You can define events independent of goals. So you'll have
- Event: Dropdown click
- Goal: Your site Conversion
You can create segments of users who clicked on drop down & then check source / medium (or other) reports for Goal Conversion Rate (how any users who clicked , converted)

Thanks,
Ritwik B