AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking contact form will show separate results for paid and organic search?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! I want to track submissions for a contact form. I do this by tracking the thank you page.

The question is: will Google Analytics showme 2 different sets of results: 1 set with visitors who submitted the contact form and came from an Ad Campain and another set with visitors coming from organic search?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking contact form will show separate results for paid and organic search?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Patrick,

Yes, GA will associate the traffic source with the page view so you can see the sources for eg in Behavior -> Site Content -> All Pages, find your thank you page, click on it and select source/medium as the secondary dimension. You'll be able to see visits to the thank you page from each traffic source.
You can also set up a goal to track your thank you page:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1032415?hl=en
Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital