AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking click links through to purchase

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry if this is a simple solution. Im new to ecommerce and learning on the fly. Heres what I'm wanting to do. I want to provide a trackable link to a friend to use on his Facebook page and his email newsletter. I know how to generate that link using the Google URL Builder. I want to be able to track those visitors specifically for ecommerce so as to provide a commission to my friend for the traffic and sales he generates on my site without paying a commission for sales that did not come through him. I am using Wix for my website and I currently have google analytics tied into the site. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking click links through to purchase

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting to the community. Just to clarify, do you have ecommerce tracking set up in your account? https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009612?hl=en Is your friend already implementing the link you generated?

Krisha