Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking click links through to purchase

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry if this is a simple solution. Im new to ecommerce and learning on the fly. Heres what I'm wanting to do. I want to provide a trackable link to a friend to use on his Facebook page and his email newsletter. I know how to generate that link using the Google URL Builder. I want to be able to track those visitors specifically for ecommerce so as to provide a commission to my friend for the traffic and sales he generates on my site without paying a commission for sales that did not come through him. I am using Wix for my website and I currently have google analytics tied into the site. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking click links through to purchase

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting to the community. Just to clarify, do you have ecommerce tracking set up in your account? https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009612?hl=en Is your friend already implementing the link you generated?

Krisha