Tracking a URL that is Manually Entered
Need some assistance. Below are the details.
1. We have a postcard that was mailed out to a list of people.
2. We want to track how many people manually typed in the address that was on the postcard which was www.meetingname2016.com (example). We always purchase a vanity URL for advertising purposes and then redirect to WordPress account.
3. We have the website in WordPress (which is a multi-site account). So the actual URL of the website example is: http://meetings.ourcompanyname.org/meetingname2016
4. I used URL Builder and set up a link with UTM code.
5. I gave this URL to our IT person who did the redirect using this code that was generated by URL Builder. The redirect works fine.
6. I can see the campaign in Google Analytics.
7. There are hardly any new users showing up which could be correct (unfortunately :-/ ) or it could be that this is not set up correctly.
8. Is there any way for us to know for sure who is manually typing in the www.meetingname2016.com URL?
9. In the past at other companies I have worked for we have always used a landing page for tracking purposes such as www.companyname.com/febmailer
Thank you for any guidance on this. :-)