Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Wire Transfers Ecommerce Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have several payment options, and one of them is Wire Transfer.

My case scenario: 

1- Add to Cart

2- They select Wire Transfer

3- Google Analytics tracks the purchase and adds to the revenue

4- They don´t make the wire transfer

5- Google Analytics shows me more revenue than the real revenue (sometimes it is a BIG difference).

How we tried to solve it:

Instead of tracking a purchase when people select "wire transfer" for payment option, we track the purchase when we mark the order as "payed". 

The problem with this is that I loose all the tracking information of that purchase, like source, time in page and all of that. This is because the trigger is made by us and not by the user.

Is there any way like giving a value of zero to the purchase and when it is marked as "payed" the value is replaced by the real number.

This is a BIG problem to us. We are in Chile and people here trusts more making a wire transfer instead of paying with credit card.

THANKS!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking Wire Transfers Ecommerce Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Alan,

There is a solution. You can save the client ID from the _ga cookie in the database for the order and send it with the transaction details to GA once the order is marked paid. This way the purchase will be associated with the user and you'll have all the information. Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok.
After we get the client ID from the _ga cookie, how do we notify GA that the order belongs to that client.
The GA documentation does not mention any of that. We do specify the orders id, revenue, and other information... under what key should we send the original client ID value?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

Sorry for the delay.
If you are using the measurement protocol you need to use the "cid" parameter.
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/protocol/v1/parameters#cid
Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Tracking Wire Transfers Ecommerce Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, i have the very same problem as Alan.

Im not a developer so its hard for me to understand, but can you explain a little bit more about how to notify the same user made the payment so it reflects correctly on GA? 

Our business nature relies heavily on bank wire payments. 

Thank you