AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Visitor origination who registered for an event on my website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Guys!

So, I have a question. I have Google Tags set up to fire whenever anybody registers for an event on my website. My question to you is that I have 4 different ads (not from Google Adwords) on 4 different websites to advertise my events. Is there a way for me to organize and track where the visitors that registered came from in Google Analytics? Specifically, I want to track how many users clicked on the ads on one of 4 different websites that also registered for an event. I am trying to see if running these ads are worth it or not and trying to stay organized. Thanks!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Tracking Visitor origination who registered for an event on my website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Sure, do you use utm_source, utm_medium and utm_campaign parameters in your ad links pointing to your site?

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan